Saturday 27 April 2013

Letting go!

Yesterday, my daughter left for an overnight school trip for five days for the first time. As I stood on the platform waving to her, I was overcome with the sudden feeling of emptiness. Or was it fear...??? My precious one was moving away from the safe heaven of home into the world. Was I scared or merely protective? Can parents be overprotective? Who decides when is the time to send your little ones out there....on their own. I guess it's the gut feeling that comes naturally to a parent. You know when your child is ready...and then you need to let go!
As she walked with her friends with their bags strolling behind...and confidence in their steps....I couldn't help the swell of tears in my eyes nevertheless accompanied by a smile on lips.......it was time to let her go.....cut the umbilical cord!
Of course we got umpteen assurances from the teachers, saved their numbers,spoke to fellow parents,saved their numbers too......after all as parents we would always lookout for our little ones!! -Finger Talkies.

1 comment: